Christopher F. Mercado
MBA, CEPA, CFP®, CIMA®, AIFA®
National Managing Director
As National Managing Director of Mariner Advisor Network, Christopher is responsible for leading the Business Development initiatives within the organization, including the recruitment of new advisors, offices, and institutions. Christopher also identifies M&A opportunities for both The Network and Network-affiliated offices that desire to grow through acquisition.
Beginning his career in 1996, Christopher held positions in investment sales, equity trading, business consulting, and business development. He worked with firms including LPL Financial, Allianz Global Partners – Nicolas Applegate Capital Management, First American Capital Management, EVEREN Securities, and Smith Barney. In 2012, he joined The Financial Services Network, an enterprise OSJ and hybrid RIA, and ultimately acquired the organization in 2016 with his two business partners. Identifying the need to continue to grow and evolve their business model in supporting independent advisors, they merged their organization with Mariner, forming what is now known as the Mariner Advisor Network.
Christopher is happily married and a proud father of three children. Outside of work, you can often find him on the sidelines coaching or cheering his kids in in a variety of sports. Philanthropically, he has been an active leader in various charitable organizations, and is a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, having served as a business development volunteer in Guatemala, Central America.
- Master of Business Administration, University of the Pacific
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, California State University, San Marcos
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor®
- Certified Investment Management Analyst℠ professional
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary ™ professional
- Kolbe Certified Coach*
- Series 66 held through Strategic Wealth Advisors Group
- FINRA Series 66: NASAA Uniform Combined State Law Examination
- Licensed to sell Life, Health and Disability insurance in the state of California.
- *The Kolbe certification signifies I have the knowledge and insight to use Kolbe Indexes and software to identify people's natural talents and help individuals and organizations utilize those talents productively.